9 Mayıs 2011 Pazartesi

Hello, Goodbye

Two more weeks of classes... It is impossible to believe that we are almost through with this semester. It is a miracle that we are almost through with this year. I bet many of us have already started to evaluate what we have gained from this year and what we have lost in the process. Some worry about the grades, some about summer, and some completely let go of everything.

I decided not to worry about many things that normally would drive me crazy- mainly because I realized that our "problems" are not really problems to begin with. Still, a little self evaluation for everyone would not be a disaster. I decided that I was "fine". "Fine", as terrible  as it sounds, may be the greatest word of all times. 

I took a big step into finding out what I want, where I want to live, what the hell I want to do with my life. I needed to make a detour while doing it, but well. Quite frankly, nothing good is ahead. The elections are in a month,- and we all know how that's going to go down, the internet ban is at the end of August. Turkey is on the verge of breaking down. However, it truly sucks that worrying about the future keeps us from living in the moment. What I would love to try is to put the problems aside for once and come up with a "Hello" line. 

If we really want to find out where we stand right at the moment and pick it up from there, I do believe that we'll need a new motto, an understanding of things. Thus, the "Hello" line. Since we need a new look, we must know how to say hello first. 

Just like Morrison did with The Doors' evergreen song; Hello, I love you. If that's  too optimistic for your taste, Lionel Richie's "Hello" may suit you better to go for a brooding new look. I surely decided how my hello look should go. Hello, Goodbye from The Beatles. This works for me perfectly since I am always confused what is a beginning and what is an end, therefore I decided to say, "Why'd you say goodbye, I say hello"

After all the soul -searching we did with the new decisions ahead, I'd be lying if said I did not long for some answers as well. As we speed along this endless road to the destination called "who we hope to be", I cannot help but whine, "Are we there yet?" At the end of another year, people around me whine or complain -to be nicer- about many different "problems". 


So many of them are about relationships, summer break anxiety, and struggles for finding true love. Considering most of us have just turned twenty, and some of us are still teenagers, I find it hilarious that girls actually have the ability to make a big deal out of romance and "true-love" or "soul mates" , while I wonder whether I'll ever turn into this woman who can wear white and not spill on it or you know- if I'll ever achieve something in the kitchen other than a mess and several small fires. 


I honestly don't have a clue which one is healthier when it comes down to these, but I do know that it is never late for anything, especially if you are just twenty years old! That's why I recommend everyone to work on their "hello" looks. It is not our time to question "Are we romantically challenged, or are we simply sluts?" matter just yet. So, just study for the finals, read the paper, hand in an assignment or two- believe me you will feel "fine".



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder